Press Release – November 5, 2012
Mt. Hood Resorts
SHRED THE SLOPES, STAY AT THE RESORT AT THE MOUNTAIN
Premier Mt. Hood destination announces winter ski and stay packages
WELCHES (Mt. Hood), Ore. – (November 5, 2012) - Skiers and snowboarders have no better reason to hit the slopes of Skibowl or Timberline this season than with seasonal packages offered at The Resort at The Mountain. The premier destination, located less than one hour from Portland along the western slope of Mt. Hood, announces its newest ski and stay packages available from Nov. 24, 2012 to April 30, 2013.
“Our location is ideal for anyone who wants to experience some of the best skiing in Oregon,” said Frank Casarez, general manager of The Resort. “We’re conveniently positioned on the base Mt. Hood, so while there’s snow on the mountain, the roads are clear and easily accessible for those driving from Portland.”
This season, The Resort is offering the following ski and stay packages:
- I’d Rather Be Boarding! Or Skiing! - For boarders or skiers looking for a quick run down the slopes, this package includes overnight accommodations, a Chef’s Choice breakfast-to-go item in the morning, transportation to and from The Resort and Skibowl, as well as two adult lift tickets. Rates from $219.
- Make Tracks Now! - With this all-inclusive ski getaway, skiers and boarders have everything needed for a perfect trip to the mountain. This two-night package includes accommodations in a spacious guest room; lift tickets for two to either Skibowl or Timberline; dinner complete with a shared appetizer, two entrees, a shared dessert and two glasses of house wine at Altitude, The Resort’s casually upscale restaurant; breakfast for two; and two 50-minute therapeutic treatments at The Spa, The Resort’s 5,000-square-foot wellness-inspired facility. Rates from $539 for two nights.
- Ski & Tee - Guests can shred the slopes and swing the golf clubs with this ski and golf adventure. This package includes overnight accommodations, transportation to and from The Resort to Skibowl, two adult lift tickets and nine holes of golf for two at The Courses, including cart and clubs. Rates from $263.
- Ski On! - This ski-centric package includes overnight accommodations in a cozy, yet spacious, guest room, a $50 dining credit for Altitude, The Resort’s casually upscale restaurant, transportation to and from The Resort and Skibowl, as well as two adult lift tickets. Rates from $235.
- The Family That Skis Togethe - For a day full of winter family fun, this package includes accommodations for a family of four in a Resort Double Queen guest room, breakfast at Altitude, The Resort’s casually upscale restaurant, transportation to and from The Resort and Skibowl, as well as lift tickets for two adults and two children. Rates from $286.
The Resort is located less than one hour from Portland and is situated on 243 acres along the western slope of Mt. Hood. With 157 guest rooms and suites, many with fireplaces and private patios, as well as dog-friendly accommodations and two- and three-bedroom golf villas, The Resort provides lodging options to accommodate the needs and wants of all travelers. Spacious guest rooms at The Resort are outfitted with custom Simmons® Beautyrest Black® Beverly HillsTM beds wrapped in luxury linens, 42″ wall-mounted flat screen TVs, walk-in showers with rainheads, WiFi internet access and a copy of USA Today.
Guests at The Resort can enjoy multiple activity and recreation options, including golf at its historic 27-hole golf club, The Courses; wellness-focused treatments at The Spa; lawn games including croquet and bowling; hiking and biking trails; and casually upscale dining at Altitude.
For more information about The Resort, including current package details, special offers and upcoming events, visit http://www.TheResort.com or call (503) 622-3101. To make reservations, call (877) 439-6774.
About The Resort at The Mountain
The Resort at The Mountain, winner of a 2012 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence, three-time recipient ofSmart Meetings Platinum Choice Award, 2011 Incentive Platinum Choice Award and 2011 Elite Meetings International Elite Gold Certification, and winner of The Knot Best of Weddings 2011 and 2012 Ceremony and Reception category, and 2012 Oregon Bride Best All-Inclusive Wedding Destination, is located at 68010 E. Fairway Avenue in Welches, Ore., at the western base of Mt. Hood. The Resort has something for everyone with activities including golf, spa, skiing, fly fishing, croquet and tennis, along with 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. In 2009, The Resort completed a $14 million renovation and expansion to offer high-end accommodations and public areas that are ideal for both corporate meetings and leisure travelers. The Resort is a member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based rewards program that allows guests at independent hotels to quickly earn free stays at participating properties. For reservations, call toll-free (877) 439-6774. Contact The Resort at The Mountain directly at (503) 622-3101 or visit http://www.TheResort.com.
About Coastal Hotel Group
Coastal Hotel Group is a privately held, Seattle-based hotel hospitality management company specializing in distinctive luxury hotels, resorts, inns, and lodges. Established in 1987, Coastal Hotel Group has earned a reputation for providing remarkable lodging choices for the discerning traveler. Coastal Hotel Group is a founding member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based program that allows guests at independent hotels across the country to quickly earn free nights at any participating property. For more information about Coastal Hotel Group, visit http://www.CoastalHotels.com.