Press Release – July 19, 2012
Mt. Hood Resorts
LET THE FUN BEGIN AT THE RESORT AT THE MOUNTAIN
Premier Oregon Golf, Ski and Meeting Destination Announces New Leisure Packages
WELCHES, Ore. – (July 19, 2012) - From geocaching adventures and fishing trips to mountainside picnics and all-inclusive experiences, guests have multiple options for an ideal getaway to The Resort at The Mountain. The premier golf, ski and meeting destination located in Welches (Mt. Hood), Ore., announces its newest packages, as well as the return of several popular packages, available now through Sept. 30, 2012.
“Our new packages and special offers provide our guests a variety of ways to enjoy The Resort,” said Frank Casarez, general manager of The Resort. “Whether they choose spa treatments, exquisite dining or outdoor adventures, we’ve created something for everyone.”
New overnight packages at The Resort include:
- New Heights in Dining - Elevate the overall experience at The Resort with this dining package that includes overnight accommodations and a $50 dining credit for Altitude’s lounge menu, featuring Northwest favorites prepared by Executive Chef Paul Bosch. Rates from $189.
- Yogi’s Pic-A-Nic Basket - Nestled in the western highlands of Mt. Hood, The Resort offers many picturesque picnic spots. Choose between the Traditional or Lovers picnic baskets, each prepared by Altitude Executive Chef Paul Bosch. Picnic baskets featuring local favorites including artisan cheeses, cured meats, fresh fruit and more. Rates from $179.
- Boo Boo’s Pic-A-Nic Basket - Fun for the whole family! This package includes a specially prepared picnic basket for a family of four, featuring favorites including artisan cheeses, cured meats, sandwiches, fresh fruit and more, plus a $50 credit for bike rentals. Rates from $224.
- The All-Inclusive Resort Package - Experience all there is to do at The Resort with this package that includes two dinner entrées at Altitude, two breakfast entrées at mallards café & pub, as well as guests’ choice of either two 18-holes of golf with cart at The Courses, two 50-minute therapeutic treatments at The Spa, or one of each. Rates from $324.
- High Flying Family Fun - With plentiful open spaces, lawns and mountain breezes, families can experience a high-flying kite, Frisbee toss, hiking trail map and picnic for four. Rates from $179.
In addition to its new packages, the following getaways are also available:
- Hide ‘n’ Seek – A Geocaching Adventure - The Resort’s location is ideal for a high-tech GPS scavenger hunt. Receive a list of caches located near The Resort, two logo items to leave in a cache, and picnic lunch for a family of four. Rates from $209.
- Twogether Time - The name says it all; enjoy two of everything including welcome cocktails, dinner entrees, breakfasts, and choice of spa treatments or golf with cart. Rates from $329.
- You So Deserve It - Relax in The Spa’s Reflections Gallery, then enjoy two 50-minute treatments from The Spa, as well as breakfast for two the following morning. Rates from $257.
- O-cation - This two-night package includes dinner for two at Altitude, breakfast for two, as well as guest’s choice of two 50-minute spa treatments, two rounds of golf with cart or one of each. Rates from $473 for two nights.
- No Time - Perfect for guests with limited time, this package includes a selection of wine and cheese in Altitude, as well as guest’s choice of two 25-minute treatments at The Spa, nine holes of golf at The Courses for two, or one of each, as well as boxed lunch. Rates from $224.
- Fish On - Summer Steelhead are abundant in the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers, and with this package, guests can enjoy a trip with Ted’s Fly Fishing, including all supplies and boxed lunch, as well as a $50 dining credit for Altitude. Rates from $539.
- Oh, Man-cation - This overnight package includes a $100 resort credit to use on anything from golf at The Courses to treatments at The Spa, as well as a bucket of six local microbrews and an order of signature wings. Rates from $249.
The Resort is located along the western slope of Mt. Hood, less than one hour from Portland, Ore. The premier golf, spa and meeting destination offers 157 guest rooms and suites, including dog-friendly accommodations; two restaurants; historic 27-hole golf club, The Courses; wellness-focused spa; year-round heated and seasonally covered outdoor pool; as well as a variety of recreation, hiking and sports activities.
For more information about The Resort, including details about current packages and special offers, visit http://www.TheResort.com or call (503) 622-3101.
About The Resort at The Mountain
The Resort at The Mountain, winner of a 2012 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence, three-time recipient ofSmart Meetings Platinum Choice Award, 2011 Incentive Platinum Choice Award and 2011 Elite Meetings International Elite Gold Certification, and winner of The Knot Best of Weddings 2011 and 2012 Ceremony and Reception category, and 2012 Oregon Bride Best All-Inclusive Wedding Destination, is located at 68010 E. Fairway Avenue in Welches, Ore., at the western base of Mt. Hood. The Resort has something for everyone with activities including golf, spa, skiing, fly fishing, croquet and tennis, along with 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. In 2009, The Resort completed a $14 million renovation and expansion to offer high-end accommodations and public areas that are ideal for both corporate meetings and leisure travelers. The Resort is a member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based rewards program that allows guests at independent hotels to quickly earn free stays at participating properties. For reservations, call toll-free (877) 439-6774. Contact The Resort at The Mountain directly at (503) 622-3101 or visit http://www.TheResort.com.
About Coastal Hotel Group
Coastal Hotel Group is a privately held, Seattle-based hotel hospitality management company specializing in distinctive luxury hotels, resorts, inns, and lodges. Established in 1987, Coastal Hotel Group has earned a reputation for providing remarkable lodging choices for the discerning traveler. Coastal Hotel Group is a founding member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based program that allows guests at independent hotels across the country to quickly earn free nights at any participating property. For more information about Coastal Hotel Group, visit http://www.CoastalHotels.com.