Press Release – March 26, 2012
Mt. Hood Resorts
OREGON HOTELS CELEBRATE WINE MONTH IN MAY
The Resort at The Mountain & Hotel Fifty announce promotions highlighting Oregon wine
PORTLAND, Ore. – (March 26, 2012) - Two of Oregon’s distinguished properties - The Resort at The Mountain near Mt. Hood, and Downtown Portland’s Hotel Fifty - are celebrating Wine Month in May with special promotions and packages for wine enthusiasts to enjoy.
In May, wine goes with everything at The Resort at The Mountain. “Gov. John Kitzhaber has signed a proclamation designating May 2012 as Oregon Wine Month, and we’re happy to do our part to celebrate,” said Frank Casarez, general manager of The Resort at The Mountain. “From overnight wine tasting adventures to golf and vino-therapy at The Spa, every guest will revel in wine.”
The Resort’s hotel packages include:
- Oregon Wines and So Much More! - This two-night package for four people includes two guest rooms tucked amidst a forested landscape, a locally-inspired prix fixe dinner (two shared appetizers, one entrée and specially-paired glass of Oregon wine per person) at Altitude, a Sea to Summit Oregon Wine Tour, full breakfast both mornings, plus four 50-minute treatments at The Spa. Rates from $1429.
- Wine Tour (and Tasting) for Four - What better way to enjoy Oregon Wine Month than to tour and taste with friends at Oregon wineries? This package includes two guest rooms plus a Sea to Summit Oregon Wine Tour for four adults. Rates from $469.
- Oregon Wine Month Celebration - This package includes a prix fixe dinner (shared appetizer, one entrée and specially-paired glass of Oregon wine per person) at Altitude, two 50-minute spa treatments, full breakfast and a guest room. Rates from $429.
The Resort’s spa specials include:
- Vino Massage Therapy 50 Minutes - Anti-aging properties of grape-seed oil, Shea butter and white wine blended into Sacred Earth massage lotion. This treatment provides powerful anti-oxidant protection for the entire surface of the body and at the same time penetrates to strengthen and repair connective tissue. A 50-minute treatment for $79 (regularly $100).
- Champagne Pedicure - Feet are soaked in champagne oil and then exfoliated with a grape peel scrub. Champagne oil is high in antioxidants and helps activate the grape peel scrub, which makes the skin radiate and glow. A 50-minute treatment for $35 (regularly $69).
- Cabernet Body Scrub - Sea salt, honey, grape seed oil and grape seeds create an invigorating treatment that exfoliates and moisturizes the body. A 50-minute treatment for $79 (regularly $98).
The Resort’s golf promotions include:
- Nine and Wine - Taking place Friday, May 11 and Friday, May 25, golfers will enjoy nine holes of golf with Oregon wines and delectable appetizers placed on stations for the very best in hole-to-hole sipping and noshing. $39 per golfer, 4:30 p.m. shotgun start, reservations suggested by calling 503-622-3151.
Also celebrating Oregon is Hotel Fifty, located in Portland where downtown meets the river. “As soon as Gov. Kitzhaber declared May as Oregon wine month, we knew we wanted to do something special for guests,” said Terry Hanley, general manager of Hotel Fifty. “Every day in May, guests will get their first glass of restaurant-select Oregon wine for 50 percent off. Additionally, we have a couple of exciting hotel packages for offer.”
Hotel Fifty’s hotel packages include:
- Over The Top Vineyards Tour - This package includes covered valet parking, overnight accommodation in a one-bedroom suite, breakfast at H5O bistro & bar, helicopter tour of Willamette Valley vineyards followed by private limo from landing to the wineries. Rates from $2600.
- Oregon Wine Month Celebration - This package includes covered self parking, guest room, breakfast at H5O bistro & bar and a private four-hour tasting tour via luxury town car at Willamette Valley wineries, and a late check-out. Rates from $499.
About The Resort at The Mountain
The Resort at The Mountain, a three-time recipient of Smart Meetings Platinum Choice Award, 2011 IncentivePlatinum Choice Award and 2011 Elite Meetings International Elite Gold Certification, and winner of The KnotBest of Weddings 2011 & 2012 Ceremony and Reception category, is located at 68010 E. Fairway Avenue in Welches, Ore., at the western base of Mt. Hood. The Resort has something for everyone with activities including golf, spa, skiing, fly fishing, croquet and tennis, along with 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. The Resort is a member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based rewards program that allows guests at independent hotels to quickly earn free stays at participating properties. For reservations, call toll-free (877) 439-6774. Contact The Resort at The Mountain directly at (503) 622-3101 or visithttp://www.TheResort.com.
About Hotel Fifty
Hotel Fifty, located at 50 Southwest Morrison Street in downtown Portland, Ore., offers high-end accommodations for business and leisure travelers. Hotel Fifty is the gateway to the city, conveniently located across the Morrison Street Bridge and close to downtown businesses. Offering the best of both urban and scenic settings, Hotel Fifty is situated directly across the street from Tom McCall Waterfront Park, providing popular running path and relaxing waterfront views. Hotel Fifty is a member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based rewards program that allows guests at independent hotels to quickly earn free stays at participating properties. For reservations, call toll-free (877) 237-6775. Contact Hotel Fifty directly at (503) 221-0711 or visit http://www.HotelFifty.com.
About Coastal Hotel Group
Coastal Hotel Group is a privately held, Seattle-based hotel hospitality management company specializing in distinctive luxury hotels, resorts, inns, and lodges. Established in 1987, Coastal Hotel Group has earned a reputation for providing remarkable lodging choices for the discerning traveler. Coastal Hotel Group is a founding member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based program that allows guests at independent hotels across the country to quickly earn free nights at any participating property. For more information about Coastal Hotel Group, visit http://www.CoastalHotels.com.