Press Release – February 21, 2012
Mt. Hood Resorts
SHAKE OFF WINTER FROST WITH NEW ADVENTURE PACKAGES FROM THE RESORT AT THE MOUNTAIN
Premier Oregon ski, spa and golf destination announces new spring packages
WELCHES (Mt. Hood), Ore. – (February 21, 2012) - Travelers with a sense of adventure can experience a perfect springtime escape with The Resort at The Mountain’s new adventure packages, available now through Spring 2012.
“Mt. Hood is an excellent place for a variety of outdoor activities, including fishing and hiking; and we’ve combined those activities with our great selection of resort amenities,” said Frank Casarez, general manager of The Resort. “With these new packages, we’ve made it easy and accessible for guests to enjoy both The Resort and the area’s popular outdoor attractions.”
The Resort’s springtime packages include:
- Fish On! - For the river a-fish-ionados out there, this package includes overnight accommodations and a $50 dining credit to Altitude, as well as a half-day fishing trip on the Sandy or Clackamas River withTed’s Fly Fishing, including lunch, beverages and all necessary fishing gear. This package is available now through March 31, 2012. Rates start from $479.
- Oh, Man-cation - Get together with the guys and enjoy a day shredding the slopes of Timberline or Skibowl. This package includes two lift tickets to Timberline or Skibowl, a $100 resort credit to use on activities and recreation at The Resort, including the historic 27-hole golf club, The Courses, and the wellness-focused spa. Top off the experience with a bucket filled with ice-cold local microbrews and an order of wings. This package is available now through April 30, 2012. Rates start from $369.
- You SO Deserve It! - Escape for a breath of crisp mountain air with this pampering package that includes two 50-minutes wellness-focused treatments at The Spa and a hearty breakfast for two at Altitude. This package is available now through April 30, 2012. Rates start from $189.
- Ski & Tee - Adventure seekers can negotiate a slope and a fairway, all in 24 hours. The package includes two lift tickets to Skibowl (The Resort’s courtesy shuttle provides transportation) and nine holes of golf for two, including cart and clubs. Available now through May 15, 2012, rates start from $219.
- O-cation - Any occasion is the perfect occasion for a vacation to The Resort. This two-night package includes one dinner and one breakfast for two people at Altitude, as well as two 50-minute wellness-focused treatments at The Spa, two rounds of golf with cart at The Courses, or one of each. This package is available now through May 31, 2012. Rates start from $449 for two nights.
The Resort, located along the western slope of the majestic Mt. Hood, features 157 guest rooms, suites and villas; two restaurants; a historic 27-hole golf club, The Courses; an 18-hole lighted putting course, The Greens; a 5,000-square-foot wellness-focused spa; a year-round heated and seasonally covered outdoor swimming pool; and a variety of onsite outdoor activities suitable for travelers of all ages and athletic abilities.
Beyond the many activities and recreation options at The Resort, the area surrounding the premier ski, spa and golf destination offers plenty to see and do. For more information about The Resort at The Mountain, including package details, upcoming events or reservations, visit http://www.TheResort.com.
About The Resort at The Mountain
The Resort at The Mountain, a three-time recipient of Smart Meetings Platinum Choice Award, 2011 IncentivePlatinum Choice Award and 2011 Elite Meetings International Elite Gold Certification, and winner of The KnotBest of Weddings 2011 and 2012 Ceremony and Reception category, is located at 68010 E. Fairway Avenue in Welches, Ore., at the western base of Mt. Hood. The Resort has something for everyone with activities including golf, spa, skiing, fly fishing, croquet and tennis, along with 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. In 2009, The Resort completed a $14 million renovation and expansion to offer high-end accommodations and public areas that are ideal for both corporate meetings and leisure travelers. The Resort is a member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based rewards program that allows guests at independent hotels to quickly earn free stays at participating properties. For reservations, call toll-free (877) 439-6774. Contact The Resort at The Mountain directly at (503) 622-3101 or visit http://www.TheResort.com.
About Coastal Hotel Group
Coastal Hotel Group is a privately held, Seattle-based hotel hospitality management company specializing in distinctive luxury hotels, resorts, inns, and lodges. Established in 1987, Coastal Hotel Group has earned a reputation for providing remarkable lodging choices for the discerning traveler. Coastal Hotel Group is a founding member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based program that allows guests at independent hotels across the country to quickly earn free nights at any participating property. For more information about Coastal Hotel Group, visit http://www.CoastalHotels.com.