Press Release – October 25, 2011
Mt. Hood Resorts
BREAK FROM THE BOARDROOM AND ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AT THE RESORT AT THE MOUNTAIN
Enhance Your Next Meeting with Mt. Hood Team Building Activities
WELCHES (Mt. Hood), Ore. – (October 25, 2011) - The Resort at The Mountain (The Resort), a nature-inspired meeting, golf, spa and year-round ski destination nestled on 243 acres, less than an hour east of Portland, offers unique team building exercises to make any meeting memorable. Groups can enjoy games, socializing, culinary courses and off-site adventures to complement The Resort’s 13 meeting rooms and 18,000 square feet of flexible event space.
“The Resort is an ideal location for meetings that are both productive and fun,” said Frank Casarez, general manager of The Resort. “The property’s facilities boast windows overlooking scenic landscapes, and organized diversions are an entertaining way to maintain interest throughout a meeting and bring organizations and associates closer together.”
With the lush evergreens of The Mt. Hood National Forest as the backdrop, The Resort offers team building activities such as the croquet lunch, featuring BBQ style dining and team croquet lessons; golf putting or a distance driving competition; and tennis, volleyball and badminton competitions. Other activities include biking, fishing, hiking, horseback riding and snow sports. Team building activities can also be customized specifically for each group.
- Glow in the Dark Golf - Experience The Courses in a whole new light. A light radiating, glow in the dark golf ball leads the way down the fairways through the greens, creating a memorable group golf experience with the moonlit mountains shimmering on the horizon.
- Putting Contests - Challenge the group to a putting contest on The Resort’s 18-hole lighted putting course, The Greens. See who has the finesse to get the ball in the hole under par and build team camaraderie in a fun, competitive environment.
- Croquet and Lawn Bowling - Put your skills to the test on the Northwest’s only resort regulation croquet and lawn bowling greens. The lush, laser flat greens cater to all playing levels from beginner to professional, and provides loads of fun and entertainment for corporate groups.
- Campfires - Recreate the “roughing it” feeling of camping by socializing around a campfire. Campfires have a friendly atmosphere and are a great place for storytelling, songs and s’mores making everyone feel a part of the team.
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides - Let Bob & Duke, two Percheron gelding horses, lead the team around the Mt. Hood National Forrest and take in spectacular views of Mt. Hood and the Salmon River Valley in a classic 16-seat red wagon or a six-seat Amish-built carriage.
- Geocaching - Take your team on a high-tech treasure hunt! Participants use GPS coordinates to discover hidden containers with a logbook inside showing the cache’s origin, who has found it and what has been left there in the past. Geocaching is enjoyed by all age groups worldwide.
- Yoga - Come relax and clear your mind with restorative stretching. Yoga is a great way to rejuvenate the mind and body getting the team back on the same page. Associates can learn different styles including therapeutic, relaxation, restorative, gentle flow, power flow and Core Yoga.
- Game Room - Healthy competition creates an environment where the group can see each other’s true colors. In the game room, team members can challenge one another to ping-pong, foosball and darts, or these sports can be contested in tournament formats. For those less competitive, they can relax with card or board games.
- Cooking Demos - Learn the tricks of the trade from The Resort’s acclaimed chef, Paul Bosch. Watch and learn from Chef Bosch’s cooking demonstration in Cooking in the Country or take a hands-on class with meal preparation in Cooking in the Kitchen. All demonstrations include champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
- Iron Chef Competition - The iron chef competition is an action packed team-building event. The group is divided into two teams and provided with basic recipes and ingredients. Teams have one hour to prepare and plate one dish that will be judged by The Resort’s chefs.
- Cake Decorating Competition - The group is split into two teams and The Resort’s pastry chef teaches techniques for teams to design and decorate cakes. At the end of the allotted time the cakes are judged by the pastry chef.
- Martini Classes - See who can shake up the best Cosmopolitans or Manhattans in a Martini Mix-off. Groups test their hands at mixing up four of the most popular martinis and taste the fruits of their labors at the end.
- Wine, Whiskey and Microbrew Tasting - Experience some of the best wine, whiskey and microbrews that Oregon has to offer. Known for producing some of the world’s best microbrews including Deschutes Breweries Black Butte Porter to Widmer Brothers’ Hefeweizen, Oregon microbrews are the perfect way to wet your whistle.
- Fly Fishing - Through a partnership with Ted Neely Fly Fishing Guide Service, The Resort provides guided fly fishing trips for anglers of all experience levels. Enjoy a trip along some of Oregon’s famous scenic and classic fly fishing rivers. Fish for wild trout and steelhead on the Deschutes, Clackamas and Sandy Rivers.
- White Water Rafting - Embark on a two-hour adrenaline rush through the picturesque Columbia Rive Gorge. Be prepared for a visual treat of lush vegetation, steep canyon walls, wildlife and clear rushing waters. The spring-fed White Salmon River maintains a healthy base flow for year-round rafting. Allow three to four hours for the 7.85 mile trip down the river.
- Guided Hikes - The Mt. Hood National Forest is home to over one thousand miles of hiking trails. The Resort’s guided hikes let you experience the scenery through a hike that is hands-on, experiential and interpretive in nature. Adventures include a leisurely 1.5 mile hike to Mirror Lake, or a difficult 2 mile hike to an elevation of 3,000 feet where participants are rewarded with breathtaking views and 1,000 calories burned.
- Snowshoeing - The Mt. Hood National Forest has numerous maintained trails to spectacular views. Put on some snowshoes to commune with nature and get great exercise.
For more information about The Resort at The Mountain or to submit a meeting RFP, visit http://www.TheResort.com/meetings or call (503) 622-2220. For further information about specific team building activities call (503) 622-3101 and ask for the Recreation Center.
About The Resort at The Mountain
The Resort at The Mountain, recipient of Smart Meetings 2010 Platinum Choice Awards and 2011 Elite Meetings Awards and winner of The Knot Best of Weddings 2011 Ceremony and Reception category, is located at 68010 E. Fairway Avenue in Welches, Ore., at the western base of Mt. Hood. The Resort has something for everyone with activities including golf, spa, skiing, fly fishing, croquet and tennis, along with 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. In 2009, The Resort completed a $14 million renovation and expansion to offer high-end accommodations and public areas that are ideal for both corporate meetings and leisure travelers. The Resort is a member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based rewards program that allows guests at independent hotels to quickly earn free stays at participating properties. For reservations, call toll-free (877) 439-6774. Contact The Resort at The Mountain directly at (503) 622-3101 or visit http://www.TheResort.com.
About Coastal Hotel Group
Coastal Hotel Group is a privately held, Seattle-based hotel hospitality management company specializing in distinctive luxury hotels, resorts, inns, and lodges. Established in 1987, Coastal Hotel Group has earned a reputation for providing remarkable lodging choices for the discerning traveler. Coastal Hotel Group is a founding member of Stash Hotel RewardsTM, a point-based program that allows guests at independent hotels across the country to quickly earn free nights at any participating property. For more information about Coastal Hotel Group, visit http://www.CoastalHotels.com.