On-Site Activities / Family Fun
Mt. Hood Resorts
The Resort’s Recreation Department is the place to visit for summer recreational needs. A recreation manager is even available to help organize group recreational activities. The recreation department also happily provides information on outdoor activities, along with maps of area trails for your hiking, walking, or jogging pleasure.
What Resort guests can enjoy on Resort grounds:
- *Tennis - Guests may play on four paved tennis courts. Racquets and balls are available for rent through the Recreation Department. For those who enjoy either recreational or competitive tennis, what would a vacation be under crystal clear Oregon skies without a few sets?
- *Outdoor pool (heated seasonally) and whirlpool spa - located in The Resort’s courtyard just outside the main lodge, offer guests pool fun year ’round.
- *Volleyball - Sand volleyball court is located immediately to the east of the Pavilion and west of the eastside croquet lawn. A volleyball and court time may be arranged through the Recreation Department.
- *Badminton equipment - may be set up on the large lawn area adjacent to the tent.
- Bicycle rentals
- *Croquet and Lawn Bowling Court - The Resort at The Mountain boasts the only resort regulation croquet courts and lawn bowling greens not only in Oregon, but in the entire Northwest, offering spectacular views of forests and mountains. They cater to every level of player from beginning to professional, and provide hours of vacation fun and entertainment for couples, families, and corporate groups.
Both regulation championship croquet courts have laser flat surfaces similar to golf greens, providing a much different experience from “Backyard Croquet”, which is the most widely known form of croquet. Court time, including instruction and equipment rental, are available by the hour for both croquet and lawn bowling through The Resort’s Recreation Department.
The court has a laser flat surface similar to golf greens, providing a much different experience from “Backyard Croquet,” which is the most widely known form of croquet. Court time, including instruction and equipment rental, are available by the hour for both croquet and lawn bowling through The Resort’s Recreation Department. View croquet pricing.
- *Fitness Center - features Keiser equipment, Stair Master and Life Cycle, and is equipped with stately locker room facilities for both men and women. A recreation manager is available seasonally to provide fitness tips or to help organize group recreational activities. The Fitness Center provides equipment rentals for tennis, bicycling, volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, croquet and more (seasonal).
- *Basketball Hoop – located near 18-hole putting course
- *The Greens - 18-hole lighted putting course
- *Chidren’s playground – swing sets, slides and more - located south of the east croquet lawn.
- *Family games - For a little old-fashioned fun, check out a board game from the Guest Services desk in the lobby. You’ll find a wide variety of games from which to choose: Chess, Checkers, Chutes & Ladders, Candy Land, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Yahtzee, Scruples and Puzzles.
- *Children’s books and games - Riverstone Gift Gallery, located just off the lobby, sells children’s books, toys and games that will provide hours of entertainment.
- *Sports balls
- *Coloring and arts/crafts
*Included in the daily resort fee.
What Resort guests can enjoy off property:
Picnics and Berry Picking - The area around The Resort makes for excellent picnicking for the entire family. The Resort can pack a picnic lunch for the entire family! In season, the huckleberry picking on nearby Huckleberry Mountain will ensure a memorable day trip.
Trout Farms - If you’re looking for a fishing outing that will assure success for your young angler, two nearby trout farms will be just your ticket!
Adventure Park, Mt. Hood Skibowl - Non-winter visitors may choose to engage in simply loads of activities. You don’t need to be a kid to enjoy Alpine Slide Mountain Bike Lift and Trail Access, Mountain Bike Rentals, Mountain Bike Sky Chair, 32′ Rock Wall, Scenic Sky Chairs/Interpretive Trails, Kiddy Jeeps, Infant Ball Pond Bouncer, Super Play Zone, Bungee Trampoline Space Rotation, Miniature Golf – 18 holes, Frisbee Golf – 9 holes, Velcro Fly Trap, Summer Tube Hill, Horse Shoes, Kiddy Canoe Ride, Batting Cages. Indy Karts, Zipline, Fireball Bungee, Rapid Rise Bungee. For more information, call 503-222-BOWL.
Family Hikes - Wildwood Park’s Cascade Streamwatch Trail offers a one-mile walk with excellent interpretive and education materials along the way about streams, wetlands, and watersheds. There are also ample beautiful picnic spots within the park and on the trail. Ramona Falls offers a sporting six mile round trip hike to a beautiful waterfall and picnic area for the family who desires a convenient, outdoor activity. Guest Services staff is happy to provide maps and information as well as arrange for a picnic lunch!
Horseback Trail Ride Tours - Every Wednesday and Thursday during the summer, Mt. Hood Adventure offers horseback trail ride tours in the Mt. Hood National Forest. $75 for two hours; $150 for four hours. Maximum of six riders at a time. For more information or to make reservations directly, simply call 503-715-2175 or eMail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rafting - $65 per person with Zoller’s Outdoor Odyssey for a ½ day trip on the white salmon, raft over a waterfall! Visit www.zooraft.com or call 800-366-2004.
Fly Fishing - Anglers of all skill and interest levels will enjoy a trip along some of Oregon’s famous scenic and classic fly fishing rivers with guide, Ted Neely. Fish for wild trout and summer and winter steelhead on the Deschutes, Clackamas and Sandy Rivers. For information on fishing-related options, visit www.tedsflyfishing.com. Or call 503-622-4849.
Snowshoeing or Guided Hikes - Contact Greg Moreno at Mt. Hood Adventure. Prices range from $40 – $90. Call 503-272-3062.
For additional information regarding activities during your upcoming stay, contact Bryce Finnman at 503.622.2216.