Mt. Hood Resorts
The Resort’s Recreation Department is the place to visit for summer recreational needs. A recreation manager is even available to help organize group recreational activities. The recreation department also happily provides information on outdoor activities, along with maps of area trails for your hiking, walking, or jogging pleasure.
What Resort guests can enjoy on Resort grounds:
- *Tennis - Guests may play on four paved tennis courts. Racquets and balls are available for rent through the Recreation Department. For those who enjoy either recreational or competitive tennis, what would a vacation be under crystal clear Oregon skies without a few sets?
- *Outdoor pool (heated seasonally) and whirlpool spa - located in The Resort’s courtyard just outside the main lodge, offer guests pool fun year ’round.
- *Volleyball - Sand volleyball court is located immediately to the east of the Pavilion and west of the eastside croquet lawn. A volleyball and court time may be arranged through the Recreation Department.
- *Badminton equipment - may be set up on the large lawn area adjacent to the tent.
- Bicycle rentals
- *Croquet and Lawn Bowling Court - The Resort at The Mountain boasts the only resort regulation croquet courts and lawn bowling greens not only in Oregon, but in the entire Northwest, offering spectacular views of forests and mountains. They cater to every level of player from beginning to professional, and provide hours of vacation fun and entertainment for couples, families, and corporate groups.
Both regulation championship croquet courts have laser flat surfaces similar to golf greens, providing a much different experience from “Backyard Croquet”, which is the most widely known form of croquet. Court time, including instruction and equipment rental, are available by the hour for both croquet and lawn bowling through The Resort’s Recreation Department.
The court has a laser flat surface similar to golf greens, providing a much different experience from “Backyard Croquet,” which is the most widely known form of croquet. Court time, including instruction and equipment rental, are available by the hour for both croquet and lawn bowling through The Resort’s Recreation Department. View croquet pricing.
- *Fitness Center - features Keiser equipment, Stair Master and Life Cycle, and is equipped with stately locker room facilities for both men and women. A recreation manager is available seasonally to provide fitness tips or to help organize group recreational activities. The Fitness Center provides equipment rentals for tennis, bicycling, volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, croquet and more (seasonal).
- *Basketball Hoop – located near 18-hole putting course
- *The Greens - 18-hole lighted putting course
- *Chidren’s playground – swing sets, slides and more - located south of the east croquet lawn.
- *Family games - For a little old-fashioned fun, check out a board game from the Guest Services desk in the lobby. You’ll find a wide variety of games from which to choose: Chess, Checkers, Chutes & Ladders, Candy Land, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Yahtzee, Scruples and Puzzles.
- *Children’s books and games - Riverstone Gift Gallery, located just off the lobby, sells children’s books, toys and games that will provide hours of entertainment.
- *Sports balls
- *Coloring and arts/crafts
*Included in the daily resort fee.